A HUGE SHOUT OUT to Cathy at Downeast Teach for this nomination!! This award is given to "up and coming" blogs with under 200 followers. I love it because it is given TO bloggers FROM bloggers - who knows a good blog better than another blogger, right!? Once you have been awarded the Liebster you have a few steps to follow:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Answer the questions the nominator asked you.
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Create 11 questions for your own nominees.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
6. Contact the nominees to let them know that you nominated them.
The first one is done! Here are the answers to Cathy's questions:
- How long have you been teaching and what grade levels have you taught?I have been teaching for 6 years. I taught Spanish to grades 1-5 for three years, 5th grade for two years, and I'm going on my second year teaching 4th grade!
- What is something on your bucket list?I have always wanted to visit many different countries. I have about 10 checked off....maybe when I retire?!
- What is your favorite subject(s) to teach and why?I LOVE LOVE LOVE teaching math!! I always enjoyed math class and even - GASP - voluntarily took an extra math class in HS. My students call me a "Mathemagician" (okei, so I say it once and then they call me that...but i love it!!!)
- What is something new you would like to try in your classroom this year?My wonderful 4th grade partner, Natalie (that would be the "N" of KNJ!), and would like to try to incorporate Daily 5/CAFE. We bought the books that the sisters wrote and we are going to "inservice" ourselves since we aren't getting the instruction through school PD. Hopefully we'll be able to figure it out together and incorporate it this year!!!
- What is a talent you are known for?I am known for no talents :-( people find it "weird" that when I give a PEACE sign, my fingers form a sideways L versus a V.
- Do you have a store at either Teachers Pay Teachers or Teacher's Notebook? If so, give the link!YESSSSSS!!!! We are SO PROUD of our TPT store and work really hard to create lessons and products to help our students. We have found that many of these lessons helped our own students and worked so well that we are truly proud to share them on TPT!!!
- If you use Pinterest, what is your user name?We all use Pinterest here at KNJ!!! My personal one (which of course has tonssss of classroom boards) is TeamTinkB
- How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?KNJ Kreations only started blogging in February. We wanted to share our teaching thoughts and experiences with the teacher-blogging community. It was also a way to share/explain how we use our products in our own classroom.
- What do you like to do to relax?I LOVE reading good books!! The ones that make you laugh....cry....think... I also love spending time with K and N. oh, and time with my husband, too! haha
- Other than being a teacher, what would your dream job be?My dream job would include traveling around the world. I would also enjoy a job that would allow me to occasionally work from home. something with a little more freedom than teaching.
- What is a book you would recommend to other teachers?
It is not a "resource" or "teaching" book. But a book I recently read and absolutely loved is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. IT. IS. THE. MOST. BEAUTIFUL. BOOK. I fell in love! I actually want someone else to read it so we can have a book club! (So let me know if you read it!!!)
Wow, the 3rd part is to share 11 random facts about myself. I already think i've shared a few!!!
1) The peace sign thing
2) I secretly want a dog as bad as my husband wants. (it's a secret because he doesn't do the blog thing! so he'll never know!) But I'm afraid of being so sad when the dog dies.
3) Our first pet was a goldfish we got as a "goody bag" at a birthday party. His name was Boñoño and he is buried in our driveway since he died the night before we paved it. I cried. A lot. (so imagine how i'd cry for a dog)
4) Growing up, my family got a puppy. He still lives with my sister and parents. His name is Felitos and i LOVE him!!! That's me napping with him yesterday!
5) I have a little sister in college going to school for physical therapy - so proud!
6) K and N of KNJ are not just "business partners" but the best teaching partners and the best friends.
7) I can eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
8) I was born in Colombia, South America :-)
9) 5th grade is my favorite teaching grade
10) I make an awesome Shrimp Ceviche
11) I never know what to buy to make delicious meals when i go supermarketing so I'm always unprepared to make dinner :-(
I'd like to nominate the following blogs:
Here are the 11 questions I have for my nominees!!
1. What is your favorite learning memory?
2. Where do you teach?
3. Are you incorporating Common Core?
4. What is your favorite teaching memory?
5. What is the craziest, most exciting thing you have ever done?!
6. What's your favorite KNJ product on TPT? (Well, which would you be interested in using for your classroom?)
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why
8. What is your favorite book/novel (for YOU, not the classroom)
9. What's the most fun you have had this summer?
10. Name (and detail) your favorite/most delicious recipe! :-)
11. Who do YOU nominate for a Liebster?
Boy, that was quite the blog!!! A big thanks to Cathy for nominating KNJ Kreations! Now, off to tell my nominees the exciting news!!!!