Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Linky Party!



Today, I'm linking up with Fabulous Fourth Grade Froggies with a To Do (before the first day of school) linky!!
Our last day of school was Friday, June 22 and i was lucky enough to hop on a plane to Cancun, Mexico with my hubby and family the very next day!!! Very sad to be away from the swim-up bar refreshing and relaxing pool, I am already stressing about what needs to be done prior to the FULL FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL!!!! Usually, we have a half day first day on a Wednesday...this year, we are starting ON.A.MONDAY. for a FULL.SESSION.DAY..... and so begins the list....


  1. plans for a FULL DAY and FULL WEEK
  2. read the two books i ordered today: Daily 5 and CAFE
  3. figure out exactly how to implement both 
  4. make my Teacher's Binder (for this, i am super excited!!!!)
  5. how am i going to arrange my classroom this year to make it most effective?
  6. what management am i going to use this year as we've been warned told by 3rd grade teachers that no tickets, no prizes, no parties, no nothing, works for these friends
  7. read as many "Vacation" books as i can this summer!!!!!!!!
  8. not quite before september but RIGHT now, i need to get up and make an Oreo Bomb Cake
  9. figure out how i want to do math this year. am i ready for guided math????
  10. make a bunch of new TPT products for our store (go check out it out!!! TPT: KNJ Kreations)
I know my list can only get longer and longer but right now, I'm going to try out this oreo bomb recipe since Oreos are the hubs favorite and I feel just a little bit super bad that he is working and I am enjoying a day off from summer work :-( 

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Polka Dot Palace's give-away. Your list looks quite similar to mine. I have been wanting to implement math groups for a couple of years now, but have not figured out how. I'll be checking back to see how you're doing crossing things off your list. I just started blogging a week ago. Stop by sometime! Teaching with Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica! Thanks for your comment :) I've actually done math centers as a "treat" with my students and call it Math "TIME" with each letter standing for a different center/activity. They really enjoy it and I usually do it at the end of a unit but I haven't figured out how/if to do it as a daily thing. Will I have enough time? Will it be too much to prepare? Is it goign to be too hectic?! etc. etc. and my mind races LOL. I'm sure you feel the same. Checked out your blog - it's super cute! and PS: I LOVE the heat, too!!! The hotter the better! :-)

    ReplyDelete